Monday 12 August 2013

B.T., Absolute piece of shit.

I had an important Skype meeting today, with someone in another timezone. Rather than stay in the office, I decided to go home to do it. It was important, so I prepared, made myself comfortabe, and waited for their call (the interview was at about 1am). Needless to say, the internet connection cut out. It turned out it wasn't from the side of the conversation which is in the third world (I guess China is still largely 'developing'). Rather, the internet problems stem from the supposedly high-end connection from one of the largest cities in the United Kingdom. B.T. is my Service Provider and todays whining is about that shitty company. The service is slow, the charges are exorbitant, and the internet is getting much slower.

Slower, I think, that's annoying, I wonder what is making the internet slower? Then I reaslied that B.T. are paying £750 million on a revamp for TV rights. The end result is, they spend nearly a billion pounds, we get sports channels. The result, they are paying to air some soccer matches instead of revamping the internet speed. At some stage, some high up has asked  'What's more important, the fact that South Korea's average internet speed is 40 times faster than it's British counterpart, or a few soccer games?' and answered that soccer is more important in a modern, supposedly first world country. I've complained about soccer a few times, but that's not the worst bit: it's the fact that it's just been forced on us. I resent that.

I resent the fact that my service, already shoddy, is going to get worse. I resent the fact that half of the bill goes to 'line rental,' whatever that means. I resent the fact that when my BT internet hub broke (due to their manufacturing error) it took three weeks, and at least a dozen phone calls to fix it. I resent the fact that to leave the contract I'm on I will need to pay out the colon. I hate the fact that they are giving us no option to opt out of this sports shit, and we are being charged anyway. Most of all though, I hate the ads.

I know I've talked about the B.T. Ads before, but I am vehement in my hatred of them. I only saw the end of the one with an irritating family (brought together through BT phones and internet), and they were bad enough. The current ads, however, with three students in a flat, cracking-wise, is enough to make me pray for a meteor strike to put us all out of our misery. While these three shit-eating, show-off, assholes laugh around with speedy downloads, I'm sat watiing for pictures to load to put up on this very page (no shit, I had some ready, but it's taking forever).

Fuck B.T., and fuck everyone involved in this BT Sports shamble. Fuck anyone who hoists soccer on me and charges me for it.

OK, that's cathartic, hope everyone who isn't involved with BT is going great guns.

P.s. I've got some good posts coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment