Tuesday 19 February 2013

Admission

Hello everyone. I was going to write another 'In Praise Of', this time of Ween, but I feel I need to align myself against something which really annoys me. I don't think Bill Murray is funny, and I don't like him. There are a lot of people who are wearing shirts of him in sunglasses now, and I know that t-shirt wearing doesn't mean awareness of the subject (I always remember that Slipknot sold more t-shirts than albums during their, umm, creative peak). I don't get the attraction: he's annoyed, he says weird things, and he turns up at house parties and cleans up. That's fine. He's also been in a few good movies, Ghostbusters is ok (though it isn't the best movie ever, as some tearful cunts would have you think), Groundhog Day is fine too, and there are others I could probably think of if I had the time. However, this doesn't forgive the myriad choices he has made to star in the Garfield movies, Space Jam, Broken Flowers, or any number of other pretentious pieces of toss that he has been in. He may be a pretty cool guy, but he's not a hero. If you're reading this and wearing a Bill Murray shirt like most of the people you see in any rock club, then you, personally, can get fucked.

Yours in haste, Pascal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment