Saturday 6 April 2013

Trouble At Fast Castle

No, not my idea for a murder mystery play, but something more prosaic. I have been to Fast Castle a few times, it's on a nice bit of coast, the walk is remote yet pleasant; it has really nice views, and there are seals nearby. I have sea-kayaked to it a few times too. However, while there last weekend, I noticed that one of the remaining stacks had collapsed. That's all I'm saying, just thought it was interesting. Compare this, from a website:

[source]

to this, from my own collection:


Perhaps not the best replica photo, but you can definitely see that the stack on the right has collapsed. I'm not sure it was weather or just disrepair, but I think it would have been cool to see.

anyway, have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment