Monday 4 March 2013

Time To Gloat

"I always take it for granted that sexual moralising by public figures is a sign of hypocrisy or worse, and most usually a desire to perform the very act that is most being condemned. This is why, whenever I hear some bigmouth in Washington or the Christian heartland banging on about the evils of sodomy or whatever, I mentally enter his name in my notebook and contentedly set my watch. Sooner rather than later he will be discovered down on his knees in some dreary motel or latrine, with an expired Visa card, having tried to pay well over the odds to be peed upon by some Apache transvestite" - Christopher Hitchens
The late, great Hitch is proved to be right, once again, with the news that nasty, bigoted, repressed religious figure Cardinal O'Brein, a leading figure in the anti-homosexual marriage campaign, has himself admitted to improper sexual behaviour. It's all over the news, but you can read about it, for example, here. I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say that I predicted it, when I wrote of this over a year ago, although predicting a Catholic Sex Scandal seems to be as predictable as a predicting a sunset. 

Still, O'Brein has asked for forgiveness, which makes everything fine. Fuck him.

No comments:

Post a Comment