Thursday 29 March 2012

Tattoos, some thoughts.

I was shopping the other day on my way home from work. The guy in front of me in the queue was wearing a vest and shorts. I was wearing a full length jacket and a suit, so it wasn't warm. His arms were covered in tattoos (a heart with mum in it, a Japanese symbol, those swallows that suggest you've been in the navy a British flag) but because he was in his forties and cragged looking, his tattoos had started to fade. This is bad enough, but he had face tattoos also, the tear on the eye on the right side of his face, 'cut here' on his neck, and something I'd never seen before, the left half of his face tattooed completely blue. It was pretty stupid, and pretty intimidating. His six year old kid came along to help him do his shopping. Bizarre.

This got me thinking about tattoos in general. Since I was about 19, I've made a rule not to go out with anyone without a tattoo, but today this means instantly discounting about 80% of the population. I am not so concerned about their permanence, I just don't think they look very good. Also, they suggest a lack of imagination which isn't attractive. It seems like a huge proportion of the population now sports at least one, even David Cameron's moron wife has a dolphin on her ankle. Dolphins, angels, meaningless Asian symbols, family names. These are the most common you see. None of them are interesting or rebellious. None of them look good. Also, more and more people seem to have neck tattoos. That looks stupid now, imagine how bad it will look in 20 years time. Also, it can't be that rebellious if everyone has it. You just look like a low I.Q. simpleton.

I really enjoy that tattoo places now are the same places you now go for tattoo removal. It's like having a bar and an alcoholics anonymous meeting in the same place. Anyway, here are some of my favourite tattoos from the internet and among mates (all are safe for work):

Making light of amputation tattoos:
Good news and bad news, Mr. Richardson. The bad news: we'll have to amputate the arm. The good news: Well... you know you were talking about dolphins earlier?
Male Nipple Tattoos:

'Why?' Tattoos:

Monkey and Ape Tattoos:
  


Children Tattoos: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment