Sunday 22 April 2012

Unexpected Visitors

Hello, some thrilling updates from Casa Dos Voiture. (?) Last night, my housemates and I were watching a movie last night, having a few drinks, and chatting. We had considered going out but, by the time we decided to go, it was too late, so we had more drinks before heading to bed. It was another fancy Saturday evening. I was brushing my teeth in my shorts and vest, when the door buzzer went off. I opened it, and waited in the stairwell to see who it was, one of my housemates came and stood next to me as we waited. We were both brushing our teeth. We waited a couple of minutes as someone shuffled up to the second flight of stairs. It was someone I know, in a green dress covered in vomit. Who was this, you ask, and I'll tell you. My other housemate works with someone and set me up on an incredibly awkward blind date nearly two weeks ago. It was her.

She was nice, but there was no spark, and when I say 'no spark,' she was a little nutty. It was very awkward and we have only exchanged pleasantries since then. How she got my address, none of us know. She stumbled into our apartment, fell on the couch, mumbled something incoherent and started snoring. We couldn't wake her, so decided to let her sleep there. There is still dried vomit on the cushion. You'll be happy to know that we put a blanket on her. I got up around 9, and she was gone, I have not heard from her since, but will certainly keep you posted. My housemate made me send a message which says, 'so nice to see you last night, how r u? xx' but there's been no response. I find the whole thing amusing,and weird. I can only imagine what would happen if I had done the same to her. Single life is terrifying and exhilirating.

No comments:

Post a Comment