Monday 14 May 2012

Interconnectivity.

OK, it's not been a good day. As I was sauntering home from work, in the rain,* I thought to myself about things I can't stand. First up: those ads with the talking dog selling sausages, second: people who are really nice to you and then bitch behind your back about your poor attitude, and third is this...

Movies where seemingly disparate strands all come together in the end. I hate those kinds of movie. It's usually meant to be clever and cathartic, but really it's just annoying. I hate it. Here are four I can think of:

Crash: where people, white or black, can't live their lives separately, because they will crash into each other sooner of later. Won 'Best Picture' Oscar.

Magnolia: the most overrated movie of all time. Ends with a shower of frogs on all the boring people we've been watching for the last 3 hours. Weak.

Traffic: Shows how drugs effect the lives of rich and poor, moral and immoral, yawn.

Lantana: Australians bond over a kidnap or something. It's really bad and incredibly overrated.

I think the main problem is that they tend to be overhyped, because people tend to understand them, for once. They also tend to have only one word titles, which, apart from Jaws, tends to whiff of pretentiousness. Either way, I'm not impressed by any of these, and I'm sure there are others.

 Hope you are all well out there in internet land

*it wasn't raining, but a story's always more dramatic when it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment