Thursday 17 May 2012

The Tastiest Animal You Can't Eat

There's a lot in the news about animal poaching these days. Rhino and elephant horn is hacked off the animal, which bleeds to death. The ivory is then sold for huge amounts, ground up and sold to Chinese people who will use it as a placebo or an aphrodisiac. I would argue that you don't need aphrodisiacs if you have a population of 1.3 billion, but logic seems to break down when people need rhino horn as a medicine. It's disgusting and sad, so to take my mind off it, I thought about which animal I would kill and eat if I had no concern for a) animal welfare and survival and b) morals:

The answer is either between a sloth, and a panda. I think a Sloth might be too stringy because it is so lazy, and it's not a particularly big thing either. So I settled for Panda, because, although it is ostensibly a bear, it only eats Bamboo (i.e. a bamboo marinade), and is fleshy enough to get a good roast out of it... However, I'm not sure it would be very tasty, only one way to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment