Thursday 10 May 2012

Mancrushes Revisited.

the First Man-Crush list was the first thing I, Pascal, ever wrote for this website, Saucy Musings. Now, a few months on, with no advertising revenue, I'm getting thousands of views a month, and a surprising amount of hate mail. So without lookingso, let's go back to where it all began, and look back at how my mancrushes have developed.

From the previous list, Toshiro Mifune, Gregory Peck, and John Eales all remain, and will do for the forseeable future.

However, in place of Radike Samo, who is now just looking to play rugby in Japan and then retire, we have the Timani brothers, who are collosal, as can be seen here...
And Sitaleki's girlfriend is a babe [source]

They're big boys, both over 120kg and 200cm. I suppose that's what I'm looking for in a man-crush. they haven't had as much of an impact on the rugby field as I would have liked, but they're both young enough to develop as players.

Also, in place of Dwight Howard, who spent the whole year publicly arguing with his coach, making eyes at other teams before finally settling back with the Magic, and then opting to have surgery instead of help his team through the playoffs, has shown himself to be a butthead of some regard. Instead, because there has to be a basketball player, I'd maybe go with Roy Hibbert, a 7-foot-2 centre for the Indiana Pacers. He's not yet a great player, though he is an all-star, but he's improving rapidly. He also put in a good shift as a guest star in the excellent Parks and Recreation, and that should count for something.
Here he is, rejecting the former man-crush Dwight Howard [source]
I'd also like to add Tadanobu Asano, because he's the balls, and is in nearly every movie ever made. Serious, he was Genghis Khan in that Mongol movie, the Chelsea smile guy in Ichi the Killer, and he managed to make it into both 'Thor' and 'Battleship' with Rihanna, neither of which I will ever see. Who else? I suppose my friend Vidar, but he already knows that.

That's that. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment